Delta Gamma Fraternity was founded in 1873 at the Lewis School for Girls in Oxford, Mississippi by Anna Boyd Ellington, Mary Comfort Leonard and Eva Webb Dodd. The three founders sought to foster high ideals and standards of friendship, intellectual growth, and service in fraternity members. The first badge worn by members of Delta Gamma was the letter H, for "hope". In 1877, the badge changed to an anchor, which is a traditional symbol for hope.
Delta Gamma was one of seven charter members of the National Panhellenic Conference at the first inter-sorority meeting held in Boston, Massachusetts in 1891, and formally joined the National Panhellenic Conference in 1902. Delta Gamma now has 147 collegiate chapters in the United States and Canada, as well as 230 alumnae groups in the United States, Canada and England.
Since our founding, DG has grown tremendously. There are currently more than 170,000 active members and alumnae of Delta Gamma, and more than 15,000 collegians in chapters across the United States and Canada.
|Our Badge||Our Flower||Our Crest||Our Symbol||Our Mascot|
|cream colored rose||ΤΔΗ||Anchor, for hope||Hannah|
- Founded in 1994
- Second sorority on campus
- Founding class of 9 women
- Over 400 alums to date
- Current Roster: 123 members
- Our Greek Letters:
(Delta Gamma Fraternity)
ΖΦ (Zeta Phi Chapter)
- Motto: "Do Good"
- Our Colors: Bronze, Pink, and Blue
- Our Symbol: Anchor
- Philanthropy: Service for Sight
- Our Space: The Cove (moved into current space in Harvard Square in April 2011)